HERKIMER, N.Y. - Two local high school soccer players have decided to take their talents to Herkimer College next season.
It was all smiles as Emma Bilinski of Dolgeville and Jazmyn Gillette of Central Valley Academy signed their National Letters of Intent earlier tonight to become Generals.
The student-athletes were joined by their families, coach and current players as they signed on the dotted line to make things official.
The signees said that they couldn't be happier to join the soccer program and head coach Jason Palkovic is excited to have them.
"It's absolutely huge because we're only losing two starters basically two sophomores this year so already we're right back where we are with the group this year and hopefully we've gotten better now. There's a couple more yet to sign, these two were the first for this season." said Palkovic.
"I'm very excited. Being able to continue my soccer career with a team that has such an amazing reputation just makes me very excited." said Bilinski.
"I definitely wasn't ready to leave yet, home, and JP was just relaly welcoming when he talked to me. Like I always liked Herkimer but he just made me want to play here." said Gillette.
Bilinski and Gillette are entering as the Herkimer College class of 2022.
- Herkimer College signs two local girls soccer stars
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Local manufactures talk business at Herkimer College
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College
- Local soccer star to represent Team USA in Europe
- Herkimer College announces new police training program
- Herkimer College closing campus children's center
- Mug Club: Herkimer College Career Fair
- Herkimer College launches collegiate recovery program