ILION – The Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 50th anniversary on Thursday at Francesca’s in Ilion.
The Chamber of Commerce has been helping business owners succeed in business with a variety of services. The Chamber is often seen at grand openings, but it also provides newsletters with company information, provides educational seminars for local businesses, helps with tax questions, and even connects businesses with political leaders.
New to the Chamber recently is an e-blast, which provides special event information to about 800 organizations.
"We've become more technically involved," said John Scarano, executive director of the Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce. "We have e-blasts. We have a brand new website coming out. We do webinars for our members, so technically we do a lot more for our members to get the word out and their word out."
Four-time Olympian and bronze medalist Erin Hamlin of Remsen was the guest speaker at the Chamber’s luncheon on Thursday. She took questions from the audience and spoke about how community support played a big role in her career.
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- ARC-Herkimer celebrating 50th anniversary this weekend
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Mug Club: Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
- Rome Chamber of Commerce awards businesses, nonprofits on 170th anniversary
- Mug Club: Herkimer Co. Chamber Luncheon
- NY state kicks in $690K for Woodstock 50th anniversary event
- Remembering MLK on the 50th anniversary of his assassination
- Planning, preps, underway for Woodstock 50th anniversary show
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce receives $100K state grant