HERKIMER, N.Y. -- The search for a new executive director of the Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce is over, and the search committee didn't have to look far.
After four months of searching, the Herkimer Chamber of Commerce has named a new director.
Michele Hummel, of Ilion, has worked with the chamber for more than a year as an office manager. She will take over for John Scarano, who retired in August, after more than a decade on the job.
She will oversee a chamber of around 350 members.
Hummel received her bachelor's degree from the University of Phoenix, and looks forward to taking on this new position.
"I bring 20 plus years working with businesses not only in Herkimer County but throughout the region. I have an insurance background. So I've been fortunate enough to work with many business owners, CEOs and with that comes a large piece of experience. Well personally, I have some membership goals in mind and also an educational goal enhancement which I think will be beneficial to our members,” said Hummel.
The Herkimer Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 50th year in April.
Hummel will serve as the organization's spokesperson, promoting Herkimer County as a great place to live, work, and play.
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce executive director stepping down
- Herkimer County HealthNet names Elyse Enea as executive director
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mug Club: Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
- Stanley Theatre names new executive director
- Mug Club: Herkimer Co. Chamber Luncheon
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce receives $100K state grant
- Rome Chamber of Commerce awards businesses, nonprofits on 170th anniversary