The Herkimer County Humane Society is looking to raise one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars for a capital improvement project. The State has awarded the Humane Society a grant of five hundred thousand dollars, but Humane Society has to come up with one hundred and twenty five thousand first. The main portion of the building is over one hundred years old and in need of repairs and updating. Some of the updates include a new furnace, air conditioning, filtration unit, new windows, and the list goes on.
Herkimer County Humane Society's Board President beleives the project is obtainable.
"It seems like a lot of money, but I know a lot of people out there have always came to the call of the Herkimer County Humane Society and helped us out, and I ask everyone not to forget not only the capital campaign basically, but we have over a $250,000 budget every year just to keep this place running."
The Humane Society has until February 20, 2020 to get the project completed in order for the State to pay out the $500,000 grant.
Currently the Humane Society is looking for corporate sponsors to help with the cause.
A public meeting about the new shelter is scheduled for this Tuesday at six pm in the Herkimer Chamber of Commerce
- Herkimer County Humane Society seeks capital campaign money
- Herkimer Co. Humane Society nixes plans for capital improvement project
- FURever Friend: Joy from the Herkimer County Humane Society
- FURever Friend: Leo from the Herkimer County Humane Society
- FURever Friends: Lindy from the Herkimer Humane Society
- Susquehanna SPCA Capital Campaign
- Humane Society seeks donations after Danube animal cruelty arrest
- Mutt Strut 2019 raising money for the Humane Society.
- Corncob found in surrendered dog's digestive system at Herkimer County Humane Society
- Herkimer County names new humane investigator