ALBANY, N.Y. – The Herkimer County Industrial Development Agency has been awarded $1 million in funding toward a new regional water transmission main, that will serve 22,000 residents.
The IDA is working with the Mohawk Valley Water Authority to extend a new clean water transmission line, that will provide an additional source of drinking water to residents in Schuyler, Ilion, Frankfort and Herkimer.
U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer announced more than $4.4 million in funding to various projects across the state.
The funding was allocated through the Northern Border Regional Commission’s Economic & Infrastructure Development Investment Program, to support upstate infrastructure projects.
The following funds were also awarded funds from the NBRC:
- Troy Local Development Corp: $1 million
- Development Authority of the North Country: $200,000
- Warren and Washington IDA: $600,000
- Sullivan County: $320,000
- St. Lawrence IDA: $500,359
- North Country Community College: $89,700
- Town of Essex: $ 789,567