There are interesting new numbers from the New York State Labor Department on unemployment rates.
Herkimer County is one of only two counties in the state to see the rate go up.
In Herkimer County, unemployment is at 5.1 percent – up just about a point from this time last year.
No word on if this is related to the furlough at Remington Arms, which is slated to end August 12.
In Oneida County, unemployment sits at 3.7 percent, and in Otsego County, 3.5 percent.
- Herkimer County unemployment rate increases to 5.1%
- Utica-Rome unemployment rates are down
- US employers add 228K jobs, unemployment rate stays 4.1 pct.
- New York state unemployment rate hits record low
- No tax increase for Herkimer County residents heading into 2019
- Oneida County Sewer District rates to increase for system upgrades
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- Animal trouble in Herkimer County
- Herkimer County Envirothon competition held