There are several warming stations set up in Herkimer County for people feeling the impacts of the frigid temps with nowhere else to go.
The Herkimer County Office of Emergency Services and Herkimer County Public Health Department say the public is welcome to head to any of the warming centers during the cold months.
Over the next few days the temperatures are expected to reach bitterly cold degrees.
The Utica Rescue Mission who says they're expecting more people in their shelter Wednesday night.
Rescue mission officials say they're urging people who may not have anywhere to go, to use their shelter as an option.
And even if there's more people than there are beds, they still want people to come out just to get warm.
The Rescue Mission is staffed 24/7 and people can walk in at any time.
The staff can also recommend people to other locations if necessary.
The following locations are open to the public:
• Village of Frankfort Office Building, 110 Railroad Street, Frankfort, Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
• Mohawk YMCA, 83 East Main Street, Mohawk, Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m.-10 a.m.
• Basloe Library Herkimer, 245 North Main Street, Herkimer, Monday-Wednesday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Thursday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Little Falls Library, 10 Waverly Place, Little Falls, Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Little Falls YMCA, 15 Jackson Street, Little Falls, Monday-Friday 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• The Dolgeville Manheim Library, 24 North Main Street, Dolgeville, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Thursday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• The Ilion Municipal Building, 45 Morgan Street, Ilion, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Ilion Library, 78 West Street, Ilion, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Wednesday, Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• The Salvation Army Herkimer will be open Thursday from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., 431 N. Prospect Street, Herkimer
Officials are urging people to pay attention to weather conditions and reports, drive accordingly for outdoor activities, travel in pains and always carry a cellphone.
For more information contact the health department at 315-867-1176.