HERKIMER, NY – Girl Scouts from all over New York are making their way to the Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Resort for a Girl Scout Jamboree.
During the geology filled weekend, the girls will learn about such things as gemology, paleontology, and hydrology.
The scouts will also have a chance to do some mining of their own and have the opportunity to create jewelry out of the materials they find.
Troop leader Leesa Israel says the girls are learning about more than just rocks and minerals.
“It’s a great bonding experience for the girls. They’re meeting other girls from all over the state. They’re learning to discover new things and how to be independent.”
- Herkimer Diamond Mines host Girl Scout Jamboree
- Herkimer Diamond Mines host 23rd annual Boy Scout Jamboree Weekend
- Herkimer Diamond Mines Opens a New Door
- Boy Scouts host pancake breakfast
- Annual Herkimer Diamond Days street festival kicks off
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over name change
- Out-of-towners flock to Herkimer to camp and mine for Labor Day weekend
- Update: Missing Herkimer Girl Found Safe
- Botswana unveils blue diamond to rival the Hope Diamond
- Mug Club: Girl Scouts 2019: Starts to Sell Cookies