HERKIMER -- The Village of Herkimer Board of Trustees is making room for some new members.
The new mayor of Herkimer, and several trustees, were sworn in at their board meeting on Monday.
Herkimer Mayor Mark Netti says he knows he will face challenges in his position, but he’s excited to be serving the village.
The meeting started off by swearing in new members and then continued as a regular board meeting.
This is the mayors first time running a board meeting, but it’s not his first time being on the board. Netti previously served as a village trustee from 2002-2012. Now that he’s back he says he’s ready to take on the challenges that come with being mayor.
"The biggest challenge is probably taxes because we are in our constitutional limit,” Netti said. “But there is avenues for stuff and some of the cleanup is going to be really hard. Got to work with everybody, so everybody needs to pitch in and maybe we can come back a little bit the way we were before. It's not going to be the same, but we can move it forward in a positive manner."
Netti had the chance to hear concerns from Herkimer residents about the village. Some concerns stem from prior to Netti taking office, but he says he will do his best to address those concerns.
Going forward some Herkimer residents tell me they’re looking forward to change in the village.
The next board meeting will take place on July 16.
- Herkimer Mayor Mark Netti sworn in at board meeting
- Netti unofficially defeats Brindisi in Herkimer mayoral election
- Recount shows Netti defeats Brindisi by 11 votes
- Herkimer Mayor to the Herkimer County IDA : "Take responsibility"
- Herkimer Zoning Board turns down Rehab Center
- Herkimer Mayor : "I cried a lot yesterday"
- Herkimer Generals mark NJCAA title at celebratory banquet
- Herkimer County Board of Elections extending hours for several days
- Herkimer County Board of Elections seeks Election Day workers
- Herkimer mayoral candidates discuss future plans for village