HERKIMER, N.Y. – There will be a public hearing in Herkimer Monday night regarding hotel and motel laws after an increase in complaints about the Glen Ridge Motel on Route 5.
Residents expressed their concerns at a town board meeting in September, some saying they don’t feel safe in the neighborhood, and have even considered moving because they are wary of the motel occupants.
The town board members said they would be contacting the Department of Social Services prior to the hearing to discuss the arrangement they have with the motel and how it’s affecting the area.
The hearing will be held at 6 p.m. in the Herkimer Town Hall, 114 North Prospect St., Herkimer.
- Herkimer board holding public hearing on motel laws after receiving complaints about Glen Ridge Motel
- Town of Herkimer proposes law holding owners of hotels/motels responsible for guests
- East Herkimer residents express concern about motel occupants
- Planning board holds public hearing for proposed hotel in Hartwick
- Illinois man wanted for child abduction found in Rome motel with missing teen
- Changes made to proposed zoning law following Cooperstown public hearing
- Herkimer Zoning Board turns down Rehab Center
- Oneonta Common Council holds public hearing for rail yards project
- Otsego County holds public hearing on proposed 2020 budget
- Brindisi Holds Town Hall in Herkimer County