NEW HARTFORD – A Herkimer County man is under arrest after police say he stole a credit card and used it to make fraudulent purchases.
New Hartford Police say in January 2018 a woman came forward to report that she noticed her credit card had disappeared while contractors were performing home improvement work on her house. She then realized that someone had used the card to purchase items in and around New Hartford and Herkimer.
New Hartford Police say they, along with Herkimer Police, conducted an investigation and identified the suspect as 26-year-old Thomas E. Saunders of Herkimer. Saunders was arrested on July 26 and charged with felony fourth-degree grand larceny and second-degree forgery, as well as misdemeanor petit larceny. He was arraigned in New Hartford Town Court and sent to jail.
Police say Saunders faces additional charges in Herkimer.
- Herkimer man accused of stealing credit card from job site
- Laurens man accused of using stolen credit cards
- Otsego County man accused of using stolen credit card
- NYC man accused of stealing money in Herkimer
- Former Herkimer Thruway toll employee accused of stealing from work
- Herkimer County woman accused of stealing thousands from former employer
- Credit card debt reaches record high
- Credit card loyalty: Time to shop around?
- Credit card rates on the rise
- Herkimer Legislature moves forward on jail site