HERKIMER, N.Y. -- A special celebration for a special someone who is celebrating 101 years Friday.
Sam Hubiak partied with family and friends at the Foltsbrook Center in Herkimer, where he's the oldest resident.
He's lived in Herkimer for the majority of his life and he served as a lineman in the VFW since he was 18.
Sam was never married and had no kids. He states that he had an ordinary life. When we asked him his secret – his answer was simple.
"If your system holds up, you just keep going,” said Hubiak.
Simple and sweet. He says if your system holds up you just keep going, and it looks like he's going to be going on for quite a while with all of his friends and family supporting him.
- Herkimer man celebrates 101 years with simple message for a long life
- ARC-Herkimer celebrating 50th anniversary this weekend
- Paving in the Heat 101
- Herkimer man charged with endangering welfare of a child following month-long investigation
- Sauquoit man arrested after nearly year-long motorcycle crash investigation
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- Herkimer County celebrates seniors with annual picnic in Frankfort
- New collaboration aims improve quality of life in Herkimer County
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more
- Delmonico's celebrates the new year