HERKIMER, N.Y. – Herkimer police are investigating a stabbing at Herkimer County Community College that took place around 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Chief Michael Jory says suspects may have fled the scene in a four-door gray sedan with a tail light out, according to witnesses.
Jory says three people were stabbed during an altercation at a campus residence.
The injured victims moved to another dorm after the incident, where they were found by police and campus security.
All of the victims were taken to the hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation is ongoing as police continue to interview witnesses and collect evidence.
"We're speaking to other residents in near housing units – we’re trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together," said Jory.
The college sent the below statement on Tuesday:
Dear Campus Community,
The Herkimer County Community College Campus Safety Office is currently investigating an incident that occurred in the Campus Meadows housing complex today at about 1 p.m.
Two individuals were stabbed during an altercation. They are being treated, and their injuries are considered non-life threatening. No arrests have been made at this time. The Herkimer Police Department is assisting in the investigation.
The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our top priority. More information will be made available as the investigation continues.
This story will be updated as more details are released.
- Herkimer police investigating stabbing at HCCC
- Herkimer police working with NYPD to identify HCCC stabbing suspect
- HCCC honors Class of 2019 at commencement ceremony
- Congressman Brindisi holds town hall meeting at HCCC
- Rome police investigating early morning stabbing
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment
- State Police investigating desecration case at Herkimer cemetery
- Herkimer County names new humane investigator
- Law enforcement investigating incident on Herkimer Road
- HCCC partners with Food Bank of CNY to enhance pantry offerings