UTICA, N.Y. -- General Herkimer Elementary School is the winner of this year's Stuff the Bus school challenge.
To celebrate their victory, DJ Roscoe Red from KISS-FM held a dance party for the kids. Even some of the faculty got in on the action.
More than 1,400 toys were collected just from the school.
The staff and faculty say they couldn’t be more proud of their students, but more importantly the lesson they take away from doing this.
"I think that having this challenge gives them a reward for doing something good for the community,” said Principal Alicia D’Ambrosio.
"I think a lot of them realize that there are under privileged children out there. We try and stress that there are children that have nothing at Christmas so they were really excited about doing that,” said Candy Rizzo, who coordinated the donations.
Faculty at the elementary school is already thinking about going even bigger next year.
The last stop for Stuff the Bus is Saturday at Cliffs Market on Commercial Drive.
- Utica students show off dance moves as Stuff the Bus school challenge winners
- Stuff the Bus schedule
- Stuff the Bus Hand off
- Stuff the Bus continues to give back
- Local boy scouts help "Stuff the Bus"
- 37 Stuff the Bus charities chosen
- Donation Day for Stuff the Bus
- It's time to Stuff the Bus
- Mug Club: Dance With Utica
- Stuff the Bus in full swing this holiday season