Herkimer 5, OCC 4
After surrendering four runs in the first, VVS grad Connor Vandreason settled in for the Lazers, getting out of multiple jams.
OCC would add two runs on an error to cut the Herkimer lead to 4-3. Fellow Red Devil Zachary Durant would get out of any further damage for the Generals in the top of the seventh.
Next frame, Adirondack native Ethan Weidmer laced a double into left field to set up OCC with runners on second and third for Anthony Carrodeguas. He lined it right back up the middle, one run scored but Chris Mazzotti is gunned out at home to even things up at 4.
Bottom of the ninth, after a lead-off single and back-to-back intentional walks to load the bases. Jordan Zeppieri came through in the clutch as he rips the ball down the left field line. The Generals with the dramatic walk-off finish to defeat the Lazers 5-4 in game one.
Herkimer 6, OCC 3
Game two began shortly after, Whitesboro native Matt Parkinson led the way for the Generals. The former Warrior went 3 for 5 with two RBIs. Brandon Kruzinski added two RBIs as Herkimer takes it 6-3.
With the series win, the Generals head to the Regional Finals where they'll take on Erie Community College at Veterans Memorial Park in Little Falls.
- Herkimer sweeps OCC to advance to Regional Finals
- MVCC, Herkimer advance to Region III semifinals this weekend
- Herkimer handles Corning, MVCC escapes with OT win to advance to the Region III Final
- Herkimer, MVCC men's and women's soccer teams all advance to regional finals
- 11/6/19 SCORES: Herkimer women, MVCC men win head-to-head matchups on the hardwood; Holland Patent field hockey advances to regional final
- Mug Club: Herkimer Region College & Career Scholarship Foundation Golf Tournament
- Generals slam Tribunes to advance to Region IIIA Championship Series
- Herkimer tops Finger Lakes twice to capture Region III title, advance to NJCAA Division III World Series for second straight year
- Whitesboro falls short in NYS Class A Regional final
- Herkimer men's soccer team advances to national semifinals; Generals and MVCC Hawks women fall in quarterfinals