Downtown Utica is going to be the set of what looks like could be a high budget movie.
NewsChannel 2’s Brent Kearney went to see what was going on earlier Monday to get more information on the shoot.
The film makers didn’t make a public comment about the movie, but the mayor’s office was able to release a few details.
The movie is filming on Hotel Street, which the Utica Police Department has entirely blocked off.
According to Utica’s Media and Film Commissioner Paul Buckley, the production has hired professionals from New York and Los Angeles to make the movie. The office supplied their film location scouts with possible locations to shoot, along with food supplies and personnel.
Police also closed the road for the film crew for a night shoot.
Brent Kearney will provide an update later Monday.
- High budget movie filming in downtown Utica?
- Independent film shoot highlights Utica's push for more movie projects
- Utica City Budget
- Casting call in Utica this weekend for movie being filmed locally
- Trailer released for movie partially filmed in Little Falls
- Extras needed for hockey-themed movie filming in Clinton
- Netflix movie filming at Thendara's Van Aukens Inne this week
- Downtown foot patrol in Utica
- Downtown Utica Enjoys Free Concert
- Downtown Getdown underway in Utica