Hinckley Reservoir is now open for the season, according to the New York State Power Authority.
The recreational boat launch at Hinckley Reservoir and the dam opened for the season on Thursday, along with the fishing access area.
The boat launch is located along the north side of the reservoir on Route 365, and it’s open daily during the boating season. The launch has concrete plants that extend 200 feet into the water to allow easy access for boaters. Directional and warning buoys by the power dam spillway are also in place.
The launch will stay open for as long as reservoir conditions remain safe for boating, according to the NYPA.
- Hinckley Reservoir boat launch, fishing area open for the season
- Hinckley Reservoir boat launch to close for the season on Wednesday
- Hinckley Lake hosts 5th Annual Ice Fishing Derby
- Appellate court rules on Hinckley water levels
- UPDATE: Man identified in Hinckley Lake drowning
- Aeration system installed in Ilion Reservoir
- Local fish fry cancellations
- 400 turn out for first annual Connor's Way 5-Mile Scenic Memorial Run/Walk in Hinckley
- Need weekend plans? Some area ski resorts are open for the season
- Kossuth's Fish Market packed for Feast of the Seven Fishes