The boat launching ramp at Hinckley Reservoir will close for the season on Wednesday, Sept. 12, the New York Power Authority announced Monday.
The Power Authority will also be removing the directional and warning buoys at the boat launch, and by the power dam spillway and other areas near the Gregory B. Jarvis Power Plant, which straddles Oneida and Herkimer counties.
The Power Authority plans to reopen the Hinckley Reservoir boat launching ramp in May 2019, before Memorial Day weekend.
- Hinckley Reservoir boat launch, fishing area open for the season
- Hinckley Reservoir boat launch to close for the season on Wednesday
- Appellate court rules on Hinckley water levels
- UPDATE: Man identified in Hinckley Lake drowning
- A busy day at the boat launch
- Hinckley Lake hosts 5th Annual Ice Fishing Derby
- Aeration system installed in Ilion Reservoir
- Close call Wednesday
- 400 turn out for first annual Connor's Way 5-Mile Scenic Memorial Run/Walk in Hinckley
- Are you prepared for boating season? Tips on staying safe on the water