CLINTON – It’s a big day for local hockey fans as the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets get ready to face off tonight at the Clinton Arena.
Back in April, the Clinton Arena was named the 2018 winner of the Kraft Hockeyville USA contest, and as a result they’re receiving $150,000 worth of renovations to the arena and they get to host an NHL preseason game. The Stanley Cup was also on display at the arena over the weekend.
NHL players arrived in Clinton for a red carpet event from 9-10 a.m. on Tuesday, and celebratory events are taking place this evening leading up to the big game.
At 1:05 p.m., the National Hockey League Players' Association will host a Goals & Dreams Equipment Donation, followed by a Q&A session with several Buffalo Sabres players at 1:30 p.m.
From 5-6:15 p.m., a pep rally will be held at Clinton Central School, located at 75 Chenango Ave. S. in Clinton. Anybody from the public is welcome to attend, even if you don’t have a ticket for the game.
The game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Columbus Blue Jackets will begin at 7 p.m., and it will be broadcast on NBC Sports.
Tune into WKTV NEWSChannel 2 at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. for live coverage and interviews with fans, officials and some of the players.
— NHL (@NHL) September 23, 2018
- Hockeyville USA: Pep rally, NHL preseason game tonight in Clinton
- Fans, players ready for Hockeyville USA game in Clinton
- Clinton Among Hockeyville Final Four
- Clinton celebrates Hockeyville USA title with events all weekend
- Sabres, Blue Jackets to play in Kraft Hockeyville preseason game
- Kirkland officials confirm NHL preseason game will be at Clinton Arena
- How to win tickets to the NHL preseason game at Clinton Arena
- Comets' MacEwen reflects on 'surreal' experience with first NHL games