Holland Patent, N.Y. - The Holland Patent girls soccer team gets set to participate in the New York State semifinals for the first time in program history on Saturday.
The Golden Knights will take on last year's NYS Class C champion, Allegany-Limestone, in the Class B semifinal on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at Cortland High School.
The Knights are 20-1-1 this year and ranked #2 in the state.
They're coming off a thrilling 3-2 triple overtime win over Academy of Holy Names in the regional final last Saturday, where senior Mayle Lupia-Eannace scored the game-winning goal.
With the stakes even higher this coming weekend, the team is confident that they can keep their hopes of a state title alive.
"They're feeling really good. They're extremely excited to get the weekend going and we've got high hopes," said head coach Josh Olney. "This tournament anyone can win it so we're looking to bring everything we've got."
For more on this story, click on the video above!
- Holland Patent girls soccer confident heading into state semifinals
- Holland Patent, Little Falls girls soccer come up short in state championships
- Holland Patent girls soccer team one win away from program's first state title
- Holland Patent boys, VVS girls crowned tournament champs
- Holland Patent keeping eyes on section title
- Holland Patent woman winning a national award
- Holland Patent holds off Waterville in double-overtime thriller
- Holland Patent man injured in Trenton snowmobile accident
- Authorities make arrest in social media threat against Holland Patent
- Holland Patent school board members discuss threat at meeting