You can honor the memory and legacy of a Newport teen this Saturday, on National Cupcake Day.
Sophia Johnson lost her battle with brain cancer this past August after seven years of living with the disease. She loved to bake, so to honor her, her family is asking that Saturday, on National Cupcake Day, you set aside time to bake cupcakes or other goodies with your family and friends.
There will be a BAKE SALE at the West Canada Valley High School with the PTO on Friday from 11:00am to 1:00pm. Half of the proceeds are going the PTO and the other half to the organization, Alex's Lemonade Stand.
The family is also asking to help raise awareness for childhood cancer and to make a donation to Alex's Lemonade Stand to help fight Medulloblastoma, the disease that Sophia had.
Check out the link: www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1597331/member/488210
You can become a team member (without the need to donate) and can upload pictures of your baking day!
You can also send a check to Alex’s Lemonade Stand with the event name of “Sophia’s National Cupcake Day,” Event No. 1597331.
- Honoring the memory of Newport teen on National Cupcake Day
- Harried Housewife: St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
- Fire rips through Newport restaurant
- Memorial Day Weekend Forecast
- Clinton celebrates Memorial Day
- Local senior volunteers honored for National Service Recognition Day
- National Flip Flop Day
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's national taco day!
- It's National Pumpkin Day!