FRANKFORT- Spirit Dogs Farm in Frankfort invites veterans in for some therapy with horses.
The farm partnered with Sitrin to start a rehabilitation program, involving horses, to help vets when they come back from overseas.
Experts at the farm said, they believe horses help vets see things in a different way. "So working with a dog has its rewards and benefits, and working with a prey animal like a horse that's hyper vigilant has a different aspect to it, that helps them come to terms with some thing," said Jeff Engelbrecht, owner of the farm.
- Horses helping veterans
- Ride a Horse Support a Veteran
- Stagnant horse racing betting court ruling helps the sport
- 2 Horses on the Loose
- A food drive to help local veterans
- WW2 Veteran receives community help following storm
- Local veterans organizations helping their own
- Rogue horse and pony captured in Sherrill
- Brindisi commits to helping local farmers and veterans
- Syracuse University receives $100K to help disabled veterans become entrepreneurs