Happy summer! This is about as hot as it gets around here, with highs topping the mid to upper 90s on Sunday and Monday. The heat wave became official on Monday, but also officially ended Tuesday. Tuesday's high was a "cooler" 88 in the wake of a "cold" front. The surge of heat and humidity returns for Independence Day and will last through Thursday before changes take place.
A heat advisory is in effect for July 4th. Sunshine is expected most of the day, with temperatures quickly climbing into the 70s and 80s by mid morning. The parade looks like a warm one this year, so bring plenty of water and wear sunscreen. Highs on Wednesday afternoon look to climb into the low 90s.
Real relief looks to come on Thursday night as a cold front arrives. Temperatures are still expected to hit 90 before the wet weather arrives. Cooler weather will be here just in time for Boilermaker Weekend!
- Hot, humid weather continues for the 4th!
- Hazy, Hot, and Humid Monday
- Humidity, unsettled weather ahead
- Hazy, hot, and humid weather on the way
- Very warm, humid weather ahead
- A rare humid October day...
- Mild weather continues through Thursday
- Cold, unsettled weather continues through the weekend
- Rain returns, then HOT!
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics