I hope everyone is enjoying summer here in Central New York. It's been a hot one this month of July, with many, many more above average days compared to below average days. Five days climbed to or above 90 degrees, which is our typical average for the entire summer. The highest temperature was 91, which happened on July 4th and July 20th. The lowest high for the month was 69 degrees that happened on a very wet July 22nd. Only 4 days have been below 80 degrees.
The month as a whole was 3 degrees above average, with 6.86" of rainfall (about 2.5" above average). Unlike the spring, most of this rain fell on only a few days. In fact, almost half of the monthly rain fell in *one day* (3" on the 17th)!
Going forward, the weather pattern doesn't look quite as hot heading into early August. High temperatures look to average around 80 over the next 7 days, with a return to the humidity for the middle and end of next week.
- Hotter than usual for July
- It’s ‘business’ as usual in Boonville
- Job Orders: July 8 – July 12, 2019
- Job Orders; July 15 – July 19, 2019
- Job Orders: July 22 – July 26, 2019
- Northern NY hunters report seeing usual number of deer, less bears
- GTD 2017: Julie Hayduk
- The usually rushing waters at Niagara Falls have frozen -- and visitors are stunned by the majestic views
- Scores 2-Day: July 2, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: July 3, 2018