HERKIMER, N.Y. -- The house where three children were killed in a fire in Herkimer last winter is being torn down today.
Crews were out at the scene of East Steele Street in the village Tuesday morning.
As you can see the foundation of the house is gone and debris is being hauled out.
One neighbor did not want to go on camera, but says it is a good feeling that the house is being torn down, as the memories from the fire will no longer be there.
Three children, the youngest, a 1-year-old, died in the fire back on January 11.
- House of Herkimer fatal fire, where three children died, torn down
- Mother speaks about losing her two children in Herkimer fire
- Community devasted by loss of children in Herkimer fire
- Herkimer College closing campus children's center
- UPDATE: Police ID victim, driver in fatal Herkimer crash
- Several people displaced by Herkimer fire
- Home in Herkimer destroyed following devastating fire
- House Fire in the Town of Marshall confirmed fatal
- Two children, one adult killed in Watertown house fire
- Two more children die from injuries following Watertown house fire