HERKIMER, N.Y. -- The house where three children were killed in a fire in Herkimer last winter is being torn down today.
Crews were out at the scene of East Steele Street in the village Tuesday morning.
As you can see the foundation of the house is gone and debris is being hauled out.
One neighbor did not want to go on camera, but says it is a good feeling that the house is being torn down, as the memories from the fire will no longer be there.
Three children, the youngest, a 1-year-old, died in the fire back on January 11.
- House of Herkimer fatal fire, where three children died, torn down
- Community devasted by loss of children in Herkimer fire
- Mother speaks about losing her two children in Herkimer fire
- Herkimer College closing campus children's center
- Victims identified in fatal Lowville house fire
- UPDATE: Police ID victim, driver in fatal Herkimer crash
- Herkimer County awarded nearly $4 Million to help area children
- Several people displaced by Herkimer fire
- Home in Herkimer destroyed following devastating fire
- House Fire in the Town of Marshall confirmed fatal