St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, so how much do you plan on spending this year?
The National Retail Federation says that the average person will spend about $40 to celebrate the “luck of the Irish.”
That's about $5.61 billion in overall spending for St. Patrick’s Day, down from last year which hit a record high of $5.9 billion.
The Irish holiday is most popular among individuals under the age of 35, with 72 percent planning to celebrate.
More than 80-percent of Americans say they plan to wear green to honor St. Patrick's Day, while 30 percent say they will prepare a special dinner.
- How much do you plan on spending to celebrate the 'luck of the Irish' this weekend?
- Great American Irish Festival celebrates 15 years
- Lucky the Bull Lucks Out
- Irish eyes were smiling on the Great American Irish Festival
- Harried Housewife: Irish Soda Bread
- Irish Cultural Center seeking workers
- State Democrats release $170 billion spending plan
- Varick Street Takes on the Irish
- Sneak peek inside the Irish Cultural Center
- Mug Club:The Great American Irish Festival