Herkimer, N.Y. - The weather matched the mood at the ARC Herkimer ARC Park on Saturday. It was bright and sunny as ARC Herkimer held its 3rd annual ARC Park Community Celebration.
Things kicked off with the annual Heart & Sole Awareness 5K run Saturday morning.
ARC Herkimer President and CEO Kevin Crosley says the ARC has held the run for many years, but changed the event to a day-long celebration three years ago with the arrival of the new ARC Park, a park specifically designed for people with disabilities, "We’ve had a 5K Fun Run for a number of years but the beauty of having it now is that we have this amazing recreational park, where after the run people can enjoy all kinds of recreational activities with their families."
Heart & Sole Awareness Run Race Director Katelyn Rhymestine says the money raised from the event goes directly towards helping people with disabilities right here in the greater Herkimer community "We serve over 700 individuals with disabilities between the rec programs, the state programs, work programs."
No word yet on just how much money was raised for the cause.
- Hundreds come out for 3rd annual Herkmer ARC Park Community Celebration
- Arc Park celebrates one-year anniversary with community festival
- Mug Club: Arc Herkimer's Park Community Festival
- ARC-Herkimer celebrating 50th anniversary this weekend
- ARC Otsego awarded renovation funding
- Mug Club: 3rd Annual Colie's Run
- Bouckville hosts 3rd annual Antique Shop Hop
- Arc, Oneida-Lewis Chapter launches telehealth program
- NEWSTALK: A Garden Jubilee for the Arc
- Masonic Care Community honors veterans with annual celebration