UTICA- Hundreds lined the side walk in Utica on Sunday afternoon to remember Chanatry's Hometown Market owner Bill Chanatry.
Calling hours for Chanatry were at Our Lady of Lourdes in Utica.
Chanatry played a huge role in the community and in running the market.
Those who knew him said he was much more than just a business man. "Oh he's going to be missed tremendously believe me. He was always in the store and everybody knew him you know and he was easy to talk to," said long time friend Dick Rondenelli.
Funeral services for Bill Chanatry start on Monday at 11 a.m. Military honors will be conferred by the U.S. Army and New Hartford Color Guard.
- Hundreds line the sidewalks to remember Bill Chanatry
- Business leader, retail icon, Bill Chanatry remembered
- Chanatry's Great Grocery Grab
- Chanatry's to offer curbside pickup in January
- A Bills Season to Remember
- Utica Police investigating a theft at Chanatry's Market
- Chanatry's honors service members with Flag Day celebration
- Snowy sidewalks pose a threat for pedestrians
- Chanatry's drop-off collection exceeds 700 pounds of food for Stamp Out Hunger
- Hamilton College graduates hundreds