WORCESTER, N.Y. -- An accident on I-88 led to a man's arrest for having a loaded and unregistered firearm.
New York State Police in Oneonta arrested Phillip Davis, 25, of Strasburg, Virginia for criminal possession of a firearm.
A trooper responded to an accident involving a motorcycle a little before 1pm on Sunday, along I-88 in Worcester, when he found that Davis was in possession of two guns in the rear storage area of his motorcycle.
Both guns had rounds in the magazine, one had a round in the chamber. Davis did not have a pistol permit.
He's in Otsego County jail on $2,000 cash bail.
Davis will appear in court on July 2 for a felony hearing.
- I-88 motorcycle accident leads to weapons arrest of Virginia man
- Truck crash, spill shuts down I-88 in Oneonta
- Tractor-trailer crash closes I-88 south of Oneonta
- Tractor-trailer rolls over traveling eastbound on I-88
- Bridgewater motorcycle accident leaves woman hospitalized
- Ilion motorcycle accident leaves person injured
- 26-year-old Camden man killed in motorcycle accident
- Frankfort man accused of menacing with airsoft gun while driving on I-88
- Motorcycle accident in town of Ohio sends 1 to hospital
- UPDATE: 1 lane of I-88 remains closed between exits 17, 18 following crash