Be careful when heading out tonight. The combination of snow, above freezing temperatures during the day, and below freezing temperatures tonight will create conditions for black ice.
Black ice forms on pavement when water freezes. It gets its name because it's difficult to spot and can be dangerous.
Salt can prevent black ice from forming. Roads that are treated tonight will be wet instead of icy. Putting salt on your driveway or sidewalk will also prevent black ice from forming.
Snow will continue to fall tonight too, accumulating to up to 2". The snow is expected to end by tomorrow morning, with temperatures starting out in the teens.
- Icy roads expected Monday night
- Freezing rain expected Saturday night
- Accumulating snow returns Monday night
- Ilion Water: Meeting Monday Night, Discoloration Monday Morning
- Wintry mix continues for spots Monday night
- Another round of snow Monday night
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Thunderstorms expected Wednesday
- Earlier flu season expected
- Another round of rain and snow returns late Monday night