ILION- The Village of Ilion announced on Monday, they had purchased the former Duofold building with hopes to redevelop the property.
Mayor Brian Lamica said the village bought the lot for a nominal fee. "Is basically the transfer of the deed is all that it cost the village." Hesaid by not doing anything, it would have cost them a lot more. "The property would've fallen into the bankruptcy we would've lost any chance of being able to obtain that property."
The building was home to several businesses over the years, and it's been sitting vacant for 20 years.
He said the ultimate goal is to add new businesses and jobs.
He also hopes there will be reduction in crime.
- Ilion buys the Duofold site
- Village of Ilion working on buying former Duofold property
- Ilion water problems continue
- Newstalk: Ilion Little Theatre
- Lamica wins Ilion mayor's race
- Ilion Days Doo Dah Parade
- UPDATE: Otsego Street in Ilion reopened
- UPDATE: 'Runaway' Ilion teen found safe
- Ilion woman accused of welfare fraud
- Cause of Ilion house fire under investigation