Monday Morning-- According to Ilion Mayor Brian Lamica, lower than normal water levels caused water crews to work throughout the night Sunday. As a result, Ilion residents may experience more discoloration than normal this morning, but there is NO boil water advisory and it is safe. Crews will continue to work throughout the day to fix the situation.
Ilion Mayor Brian Lamica: "Our Water Department crew notified me late last night that they had to increase the amount of water from the wells into the system. This needed to be done due to lower water levels in the clear well. The Water Department crew worked through the night to clean one of the filter beds at the treatment plant to resolve the issue. However by having to increase the water from the wells some people may experience discoloring of the water this morning and throughout the day."
Monday Night-- There will be a public meeting (tonight) Monday, September 24th at 6:30 p.m. at the Ilion Municipal Building on Morgan Street.
Tonight, a presentation will outline an engineering report that plans to rehabilitate the village's entire water system.
*We will have full coverage of tonight's meeting and we will continue to update you on the Ilion water situation.*
- Ilion Water: Meeting Monday Night, Discoloration Monday Morning
- Ilion water project to address water main breaks and discoloration
- Some Ilion residents may experience discolored water during hydrant draining
- Ilion residents may have discolored water as wells are flushed, shut down
- Clean water to be available for Ilion residents on Monday
- Ilion water problems continue
- Accumulating snow returns Monday night
- Icy roads expected Monday night