ORISKANY, N.Y. -- The Oneida County Sheriff's Department and the state are investigating an apparent suicide of an inmate at the Oneida County Correctional Facility.
Scott Hence, of Rome, was found unresponsive in his cell on Saturday.
Corrections officers began lifesaving measures when they found him.
He was taken to Upstate Medical University Hospital in Syracuse and was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is being performed Wednesday.
He was being held for arraignment for criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Inmate dies of apparent suicide at Oneida County jail, investigation underway
- NARCAN in Oneida County Jail
- Oneida County K9 Cero dies
- Victims identified in apparent murder-suicide
- Inmate at Otsego County Jail accused of attacking another inmate
- Police: Sullivan couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Death toll rises: 2 die of apparent overdoses in 24 hours in Oneida County
- Herkimer woman accused of bringing drugs into Oneida County Jail
- Oneida County man dies after being tased by police in Oneida
- Oneida County Sheriff's office investigating Thanksgiving morning shooting