UTICA – Oneida County and the MVCC Foundation have come together to bring the Innovation Collective to the Mohawk Valley in an effort to stimulate economic development.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente says this will be a three-year partnership designed to help people in the community become entrepreneurs.
"This is really an opportunity for us to expand the great minds we know are here and that have business ideas that need to be helped a little bit," said Picente.
The Innovation Collective is an organization based in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that helps communities initiate economic development by connecting entrepreneurs to community resources. This multi-year campaign of programs and software is designed to foster new businesses and draw investments. Since 2014, Innovation Collective has helped launch more than 50 new companies using roughly $57 million in new investments.
"We really wanted to work here in Utica because we believe the people of Utica are resilient people, they're creative people and they have an incredible spirit and we want to tap into that and teach them how to start companies," said Chris Cochran, global director of communities at the Innovation Collective.
The organization will begin with a series of public events that consist of story-telling nights, idea-sharing sessions, weekend-long mentoring summits and a technology festival. There will also be periodical think tanks, mentoring sessions with representatives of Fortune 500 companies and development of co-working spaces.
The Innovation Collective will also work with county government to pass laws that facilitate research and development, creating a unique branding opportunity for the community.
began their work in 2014 and has helped launch over 50 new companies - securing 57 million dollars in new investments.
The first public Innovation Collective event will be a fireside chat on Sept. 25, 2019, at the thINCubator, 326 Broad St., Utica. For more information on the Innovation Collective, visit: www.i18c.com.
- Innovation Collective working with Oneida County to spur local entrepreneurship
- Opioid crisis spurs demand of social services in Oneida County
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office gets new machine for collecting DNA
- SUNY Chancellor visits thINCubator in Utica with focus on entrepreneurship
- Oneida County officials working to raise awareness of child abuse
- Rabies Clinics in Oneida County
- Oneida County Storm Damage Aftermath
- NEWSTALK: Oneida County Travel Guide
- NARCAN in Oneida County Jail
- Oneida County K9 Cero dies