UTICA, N.Y. -- The Insight House is offering free Narcan training to the public in light of the recent influx of heroin overdoses in Oneida County.
The training session will be held on April 10 from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Whitesboro Street location in Utica.
A total of 21 overdoses were reported over a span of 10 days in the county, 5 of which resulted in deaths.
Naloxone (Narcan) is a medicine that blocks the effects of opioids and reverses an overdose.
People who complete the training will learn how to use the drug, and will receive a free rescue kit.
Seating will be limited, to reserve a spot call 315-724-5168, extension 238.
- Insight House will hold Narcan training in light of recent overdoses
- Insight House: Two Narcan training courses filled to capacity
- Oneida County offering free Narcan training
- More than 100 receive Narcan training in Oneida County
- Another free Narcan training available in Oneida County
- Local K-9 Dog Receives Narcan
- NARCAN in Oneida County Jail
- Light of Hope ceremony honors those lost by overdose, suicide
- More people needed to administer Narcan
- Combating fentanyl overdoses