RICHFIELD SPRINGS, N.Y. – After investigating since December, authorities say they are ruling out mechanical failure in the Richfield Springs crash that damaged seven cars and injured 10 people.
The Otsego County District Attorney's Office says they are now looking into the possibility of a medical event leading to the crash.
The accident happened on Route 20 on Dec. 20, when a state fire pickup truck smashed into multiple vehicles before finally hitting the steps of the Richfield Springs Post Office.
The driver’s name has not yet been released.
- Investigators: Medical event may have caused Richfield Springs crash
- Community still waits on cause for Richfield Springs crash
- Multiple accident scenes in Richfield Springs remain under investigation
- Veterans honored at Richfield Springs Central School
- Parking advisory in Richfield Springs through Tuesday
- Richfield Springs accident victim looking for closure
- Conclusion coming in Richfield Springs crash involving state fire vehicle
- Richfield Springs man facing felony charge for allegedly punching TV
- A Richfield Springs B&B Chimney fire spreads to attic
- Richfield Springs: Council members and public discuss land ordinance