UTICA, N.Y - Need a job? The Irish Cultural Center held a job fair Sunday afternoon. A total of 40 full time positions were needed to be filled. Dozens of hopeful candidates walking through the doors, in awe of what they saw inside.
"I'm looking for a summer position, so I'm really excited that the cultural center is finally open because I've been waiting patiently. I just wanted to see exactly what it looked like down here so we're excited," said Beth Johnston.
Job candidate A.J Pedone received a degree in Ireland for Irish studies. He said the authenticity of the place encouraged him to apply.
"This is something you would traditionally see in Ireland. Especially being from the Irish Pub Company based out of Dublin, the designs are really authentic and its really good to see," said Pedone.
It's not just certain positions that they were looking for. All positions in the Cultural Center need to be filled.
"Their is every position to fill, this is a major operation. So many full time jobs are created here. Be it in the pub, be it in the event center, be it in the museum, all of the business aspects of bringing it all together, its here," said Developer Vaughn Lang.
If you didn't make it out to the job fair Sunday afternoon, you can still send your resume to the Cultural Center at 623 Columbia St. in Utica.
- Irish Cultural Center seeking workers
- Sneak peek inside the Irish Cultural Center
- New Irish Cultural Center job fair
- Great American Irish Festival relocating to Utica's Irish Cultural Center
- Common Council approves Irish Cultural Center's proposal to buy property
- NEWSChannel 2 gets exclusive look inside Irish Cultural Center
- Utica's Irish Cultural Center to receive $1 million state grant
- Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, Irish Cultural Center is hiring
- Irish Cultural Center still at least a couple of months away from opening
- Utica's Irish Cultural Center to open to the public in a few weeks