UTICA, N.Y. -- The city of Utica is getting all ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day—Wednesday a ceremony raised the Irish flag.
Several community members and officials met at Utica City Hall, speaking about the Irish culture and what it means to the city of Utica.
Grand marshal of the parade John Sullivan performed the honors and raised the flag above city hall.
Friday there will be a St. Patrick's Day mass and the painting of the green line to continue getting ready for the parade.
- Irish flag raising signifies start of St. Patrick's Day celebration in Utica
- Irish flag raised over City Hall in preparation of St. Patrick's Day
- Week of events for Utica's St. Patrick's Day celebrations
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- Flag Day Celebrations
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Celebrating St. Joseph's Day in Utica
- Old Forge celebrates St. Patrick's Day with annual parade
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- 2019 St. Patrick's Day Parade kicks off in Utica