A recent report ranks the best jarred sauce in Upstate New York, and two local companies made the top of the list.
It may come as no surprise to know that It's A Utica Thing's Marinara sauce came in the No. 1 spot.
The article from Syracuse.com, says the simplicity of the tomato sauce gives the tomato, garlic, cheesy flavor an elegance that cannot be beat.
Coming in at No. 5 was Rella's Originals Italian Marinara based in Whitesboro. The report says the sweet has the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity -- good for a traditonal bowl of macaroni this Sunday.
To see the detailed report and find out what you are looking at spending on all 14 jars, head to their website.
- Jarred sauce? Two Mohawk Valley companies ranked among the top in upstate
- Mohawk Valley Edge honors 6 local companies at award ceremony
- Utica City School District ranks No. 1 for diversification upstate
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Old Forge, Utica top list of Mohawk Valley Airbnb destinations
- Harried Housewife: Apple Pear Sauce
- Harried Housewife: Cranberry Cabernet Sauce
- Harried Housewife: Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
- Top ranked Duke beats Syracuse
- Blue Sox sizzle in the summer heat, rout top-ranked Mohawks