A Lego robotics team from the Central Valley Central School District is taking part in an annual competition that puts their problem-solving skills to work.
The Jarvis Challengers team consists of students from sixth to ninth grade, who compete in the FIRST LEGO League competition, where teams from around the globe participate.
Every year there is a universal theme – this year is a space theme called “Into Orbit.” Every team is required to come up with a problem and invent a unique and intricate solution to the problem.
During the first competition the Challengers won grand champions and moved onto the next competition, which was held at SUNY POLY. And now they are on their way to the third competition at Mountain State, West Virginia on July 11.
This competition is one of the many invitationals the team was invited to attend.
The team is raising money to fund their trip with an upcoming bottle drive. People can donate bottles to the Mohawk Valley Redemption Center in Mohawk, requesting that their returns be donated to the Lego Robotics Central Valley account. Additionally, donations can be mailed to CVA, and made out to Central Valley CSD - Lego Competition Team.
- Jarvis Challengers raising money for Lego robotics competition
- Jarvis LEGO robotics team raising funds to get to National Championships
- Mohawk Graduate Jarvis honored
- CVA paying tribute to Challenger Astronaut Gregory Jarvis
- 'First' Robotics Competition held at SUNY POLY
- UPDATE: Lockdown lifted at Jarvis Middle School
- Local robotics team gears up for national competition
- UPDATE: Jarvis lockout lifted; police say another student is charged
- Bowling to raise money for Ryan
- Bowling tournament raises money for Special Olympics