UPDATE: The lockdown at Jarvis Middle School in Mohawk has ended, according to the Central Valley School District.
A notice posted on the district’s website reads:
“The lockdown at Jarvis Middle School has ended. School officials initiated the lockdown after the report of a specific threat against the school. Mohawk Police, Ilion Police, Herkimer Police, and New York State Police conducted a complete search of the school. After a thorough investigation, police determined the building, students, and staff to be safe.
Jarvis Middle School students will be dismissed at the normal time. All after school activities will take place as scheduled."
MOHAWK – Jarvis Middle School in Mohawk is currently under lockdown while police investigate a possible threat, according to a message sent to parents by the Central Valley School District.
The text message reads, “Jarvis MS is in a precautionary lockdown while police investigate an unconfirmed threat against the school. All children and staff are safe.”
Central Valley School District officials said a notice would be posted to their website, cvalleycsd.org, this afternoon.
NEWSChannel 2 crews are at Jarvis Middle School working to learn more information. We will provide more details as they become available.
- UPDATE: Lockdown lifted at Jarvis Middle School
- UPDATE: Lockout lifted at Jarvis Middle School; children involved facing felony charges
- UPDATE: Jarvis lockout lifted; police say another student is charged
- UPDATE: Utica College lockdown has been lifted
- Mohawk Graduate Jarvis honored
- Jarvis Middle School parents, educators discuss moving forward at BOE meeting
- CVA paying tribute to Challenger Astronaut Gregory Jarvis
- Jarvis Challengers raising money for Lego robotics competition
- UPDATE: Donovan Middle School releases students following lockout
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany