A traffic alert for the City of Utica: Jay Street is now permanently closed.
Beginning at 6 a.m. Monday, Jay Street is closed between Genesee and Second streets.
Contractors will be installing new storm sewer pipes and watermains, and Jay Street will remain closed as part of the "Route 5S/Oriskany Street Safety Project."
The Seneca Street Ramp from Route 5S Westbound to Route 5S Eastbound Ramp will be closed through Friday, Aug. 31.
Detour signs will be posted.
- Jay Street in Utica permanently closed
- Utica Children's Museum welcomes JAY-K to Main Street
- A permanent tax refund investment
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- West Street Apartments complex opens in Utica
- Utica construction: Detours for Seneca, Washington streets
- West Utica streets reopened after propane leak
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica