ILION, N.Y. -- There will be layoffs at the Remington Arms plant in Ilion, the mayor confirmed Monday.
Mayor Brian Lamica says the plant manager contacted his office and alerted him that 200 positions will be eliminated between the three locations in Ilion, Alabama, and Arkansas.
Employees were notified of the layoffs during a company meeting Monday.
NewsChannel 2 has a call out to Remington, but has not yet heard back from the company.
It is not yet clear exactly how many jobs will be cut at the Ilion plant.
- Jobs will be cut at Remington Arms, number of layoffs unknown
- Political view of Remington Arms furloughs
- Reaction to Remington Arms Declaring for Bankruptcy
- Union representing Remington Arms workers endorses Tenney
- Nearly 70 positions to be cut at Ilion's Remington Arms plant
- Remington Arms to furlough workers through rest of 2017
- UPDATE: Police make arrest after threat against Remington Arms
- Mental health evaluation ordered for former Remington Arms employee
- Fire crews quickly put out small fire at Remington Arms
- Remington Arms hit with 27 OSHA violations after employee loses fingertip