Utica, N.Y. - The Binghamton Devils downed the Utica Comets for the second game in a row at the Adirondack Bank Center, taking a defensive battle 1-0, Thursday.
The Comets outshot the Devils 33-18, but Cam Johnson shut the door on all 33 shots he faced.
Utica held the shot advantage 15-5 after one period of play, but had to kill of three straight penalties in order to come out of the middle frame unscathed.
In the third, John Ramage scored on a slapshot through traffic at the point on the power play to break the scoreless tie.
Thatcher Demko made some key stops down the stretch to keep the Comets in it, but Johnson turned away 14 shots in the stanza, including a last minute frenzy, to ice it.
The Comets are back in action on Friday night in Syracuse against the rival Crunch. It'll be game three of the Galaxy Cup series. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m.
- Johnson, Devils shutout the Comets in Utica
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Comets finish October undefeated with 3-1 home victory over Devils
- Comets fall short against Devils for third straight loss
- 9-10-19 SCORES: Red Devils shutout Raiders to stay unbeaten so far
- Comets point streak comes to an end with home loss to Devils
- Comets score four in second period barrage to earn season opening win against Devils
- Utica Comets announce 2017 preseason schedule
- Parking information for Utica Comets game tonight
- Harried Housewife: Smoky Bacon Deviled Eggs