UTICA, N.Y. – Brandon Clark, the man accused of killing 17-year-old Bianca Devins in July, appeared in court Monday for a decision on a motion filed last week.
The judge denied the motion from the defense to suppress six statements made by Clark.
Clark’s attorney, Luke Nebush, also says he is going to file an affidavit concerning the phone that was found at the scene on Poe Street on July 14, the day Devins died.
The prosecution also filed a motion on Thursday requesting access to Clark's social media accounts.
Clark will be back in court this Wednesday for oral arguments and a decision from the judge.
Devins’ family was in the courtroom Monday, and said they intend to come to every court appearance; although Wednesday will be an especially emotional day – it would have been Bianca’s next birthday.
“Oct. 2 would've been Bianca’s 18th birthday. We will celebrate that as a family that evening. We would ask everyone that evening at 7 p.m. to put a candle safely in your window in memory of Bianca and our call for love not violence," said Frank Williams, Devins’ grandfather.
Williams also says the family continues to support the district attorney's decision to pursue a maximum sentence of 25 years to life if Clark is found guilty.
Clark pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder at the end of July.