UTICA, N.Y. – YWCA Mohawk Valley received a donation by Julie’s Christmas Wishes Program.
The initiative was founded by employees at Northern Safety and Industrial in honor of Julie Fatata – she was an employee who lost her battle with cancer, but loved giving back to the community.
The program committee spent months collecting donations and hosting fundraisers in Julie’s memory.
Their donation to the YWCA MV included cleaning products, personal care items, bedding, pajamas, socks, slippers, diapers, baby wipes, and a variety of gift cards, and a number of laptops and a $1,000 check.
“It was a true pleasure to do this in Julie’s memory,” said the committee members in a statement. “She continues to be our role model for giving back to our community. Her generosity and caring ways will always inspire us to carry on her memories through Julie’s Christmas Wishes Program.”
It will be used in the Y’s emergency shelter and safe dwelling.
- Julie’s Christmas Wishes Program donates to YWCA Mohawk Valley
- YWCA Mohawk Valley gets $4.8 million grant for support programs
- YWCA Mohawk Valley salutes outstanding women in the community
- YWCA Mohawk Valley talks plans for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Donate to the Mohawk Valley Red Cross Disaster Distress Program
- YWCA Mohawk Valley celebrates 30th annual Salute to Outstanding Women Awards
- YWCA Mohawk Valley reveals the 2019 Salute to Outstanding Women award honorees
- Dozens rally to eliminate racism at the Mohawk Valley YWCA in Utica
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Several Mohawk Valley schools nationally recognized for music education programs