UTICA, N.Y. -- The trial for Raekwon Winston began Monday with jury selection in Oneida County Court.
He's accused of killing 60-year-old Lawrence Edwards, a homeless man, back in 2016.
Utica police identified Winston as a suspect in the death of Edwards.
Edwards was found dead from a gunshot wound on Rutger Street.
He is facing a second-degree murder charge and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
- Jury selection begins in trial against Utica man accused of killing homeless person
- Trial begins for Utica man accused of killing homeless person
- Jury begins deliberations in Utica murder trial
- Jury selection starts in NY man's double homicide trial
- Conley Retrial: Jury selection underway
- Jury selected for Kaitlyn Conley murder trial; Opening arguments to begin Tuesday
- Kaitlyn Conley murder retrial to begin with jury selection
- Jury begins deliberating Conley's fate