Miami, Fl - The Kansas City have won their first Super Bowl title in 50 years.
The San Francisco 49ers and Chiefs went head to head for the Lombardi trophy in a thriller to end the 100th NFL season.
The score was even at 10 at the half and the San Francisco 49ers held a 20-10 lead until about 6:30 left in the fourth quarter.
On first and goal, Patrick Mahomes finds tight end Travis Kelce in the endzone for the touchdown. The Chiefs make it a 17-20 game.
2:50 left in regulation, Chiefs on the five-yard line, Mahomes pitches it to Damien Williams who just gets it over the line to score. The Chiefs have come back to take a 24-20 lead.
The 49ers went for it on the fourth down with about 1:30 left in the game but Chiefs defense takes down Jimmy Garropolo to re-gain the possession.
Chiefs on the 38-yard line, Mahomes hands it off to Williams again who runs it all the way to the house! That touchdwon would secure the comeback win for the Chiefs.
The final: 31-20.
Before tonight head Coach Andy Reid had the most wins of any coach without a Super Bowl win, tonight he earned it.
Patrick Mahomes was named Super Bowl MVP and becomes the youngest player to win MVP and a Super Bowl in league history.
Stats: (KC) Mahomes: 286 passing yards, 2 TDs, 2 INT.
Syracuse 41, Virginia 57
Hamilton 58, Wesleyan 51
Wesleyan 67, Hamilton 78
Women's Ice Hockey
Stevenson 4, Utica 4 Final/OT
- Kansas City Chiefs win Super Bowl LIV
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers for Super Bowl LIV
- A rookie's guide to Super Bowl LIV
- Super Bowl Sunday Snow
- Super Bowl Sunday Forecast
- Deserving coach gets Super Bowl surprise
- Super Bowl keeps local pizza places busy
- Local sociology professor talks Super Bowl ads
- Staying safe during Super Bowl weekend
- There's a Super Bowl party for everyone