Kids Oneida will be making the holidays a little brighter for some local families.
The agency’s annual turkey drive will provide Thanksgiving dinner for 150 families across the Mohawk Valley.
On Thursday, staff from Kids Oneida, First Source Federal Credit Union and other volunteers put together Thanksgiving day packages to give to those families in need, and they say that seeing the families’ reactions after delivering the dinners is priceless.
“Some of the families … for some, it's a surprise. Some of them, it’s taking a significant amount of pressure off of their shoulders,” said Steven Bulger, executive director of Kids Oneida. “So, just the relief to see in the families and have one less thing that they maybe are gonna be stressed about, and putting a nice Thanksgiving meal on the table is one of the most rewarding things about this for us.”
Today, Kids Oneida will deliver those Thanksgiving baskets to local families.
- Kids Oneida provides Thanksgiving dinners to local families in need
- Mug Club: Thanksgiving Dinner
- 1st Presbyterian Church Thanksgiving Dinner
- Oneida County hosts Youth Awards Dinner
- Oneida County hosts youth awards dinner
- Stove Top unveils new 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- Bruno Mars providing 24K Thanksgiving dinners
- Rome Rescue Mission continues Thanksgiving Dinner tradition
- Kids Oneida rebrands with new name — ICAN
- A new Uno deck promises to keep families away from politics at Thanksgiving dinner