UTICA, N.Y. -- Kids gathered at Utica's City Hall Thursday evening for the annual tree lighting and fun-filled Christmas activities.
Santa arrived on a fire truck, and handed out gifts to every child who came to visit.
For many, this is their favorite time of the year, including Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri, whose tie may be a little wrinkled after this event.
“It’s giving back a little bit because the community gives back so much to us. Just a little token of our appreciation. As you watch the kids walking in here, and the parents, and the grandparents. It’s the lights, it’s the electricity, it’s the smiles, it’s everything that Christmas is — it warms your heart,” the mayor said.
In the spirit of Christmas giving, Palmieri encouraged everyone to donate what they can to local holiday toy donation programs.
- Kids enjoying 'Christmas' at Utica City Hall warms Mayor Palmieri's heart, he says
- Palmieri seeking re-election for third term as Utica mayor
- Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri talks budget with local residents
- Downtown Utica Enjoys Free Concert
- Mayor Palmieri discusses proposed budget, higher taxes at West Utica citizens forum
- Mayor Palmieri outlines tax decrease included in proposed budget
- Kids Heart Challenge postponed
- Newstalk: Kids Heart Challenge
- Dominicans celebrated at Utica City Hall
- Newstalk: Utica Mayor's Gala